Week #10

View from Lee's Summit Road
We just got back from a 36 minute walk (4500 steps) around the outside of the complex - according to my phone. Brigham Young would not have approved of the street development. There wasn't a straight street among them and everything was uphill and down. Plus we had to walk all the way around as there is no back entry to the complex. Mom said it would be hard to be a postman or delivery man trying to find an address. I took the picture from the main road that runs in front of The Mansion. You can see the mansion in the distance and our apartment is on the right. I can definitely tell I haven't been out walking for a while as my calfs let me know. We thought it would be a nice idea to walk around the pond. Nope. We weren't prepared for all the geese droppings on the sidewalk around the pond. We actually had to walk on the grass which I'm sure had droppings but at least we couldn't see them as well. Maybe mom doesn't like the geese so much any more.
Love my remote start!

Tuesday we woke up to a bit of snow. The temperature wasn't bad so I just needed to brush the snow off the car windows. I did have to scrap on Thursday morning but it wasn't too bad. I keep forgetting to cover the windows with the cover I bought. So far, I haven't really needed it. I am still amazed at the fluctuation in temperatures from day to day. Friday it barely reached freezing and today it was up near 60. But the wind made it feel colder.

I had a hassle with another apartment complex this week. We had to go visit with them Tuesday morning - about a 40 minute drive in Olathe.  They said we were missing three rent payments on two apartments. Two of them we sent to an old address which I wasn't aware of. It was to a company that the complex fired so now they won't even forward mail. Who's the adult around here? The other check was sent by the mission credit card and they said it hadn't been posted to their account so we needed to pay again. Since they couldn't take a credit card at the office I had to go back to the office to pay. I called the Bank of America and the church and both said the money paid by credit card had been deposited in the complex owner's account so I didn't pay that one. They need to find out where it went. When I tried to pay online with the mission credit card I discovered that it would take a corporate credit card so I ended up paying with my personal card and reimbursing myself. What a mess. Glad it didn't bounce. Anyway, I seem to get some such problem each day. Not a fun part of the job.

Mom at her new station

After this next week, mom moves into her new position. I took a picture of her at the desk. She will be the receptionist and has a multitude of  responsibilities. She will definitely be a different personality than the sister who is there now. She was also asked by the branch president to help three newly called librarians with their duties and to clean up the library of old stuff. It has a lot of that. I thought she had a great idea to give the old material to the homeless members to use as a fire starter. Better than just throwing it in the dumpster.

We were signed up to go to the temple Saturday afternoon but after I got up and vacuumed the apartment and started to take a shower I got really dizzy and about passed out. I may have done so as I have a lump on my forehead and I don't know where it came from. This is the second spell in the last 18 months I've had like that. I spent the rest of Saturday sleeping it off. I thought after that I wouldn't be able to sleep Saturday night but I went right to sleep and didn't wake up during the night. I feel much better today but am ready to quit this blog entry. 😃

Remember Katelyn, Kayden and Elyse in your prayers.

And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam.  And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day.   2 Nephi 9:21-22

Mom's library challenge

A quote we can all use!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75