Week #16

 I'm not in much of a mood to write this evening so this will probably be short and mostly just the highlights of the week with some pictures.

Weather today was weird. It never really out and out rained but had a misty fog all day. It made me think of what London must be like. Tonight there is supposed to be rain, strong winds, and thunderstorms. We'll see. Looks as if the weatherman was right about snow in Utah. We've seen some pretty impressive pictures and it looks as if the snow has piled up. Good for Utah!

What a nice surprise and visit!
Had a surprise visit from Carl Bench and his wife. That was fun. Every time I see him I have to think, "Now is this Carl or Scott?" As they get older it is getting easier to tell. In their younger days I would call them Scarl cause I didn't know who I was talking to.

Wednesday, Doyce Stracener and his wife Melissa took us out to lunch. Doyce is one of my old Navy buddies, Uncle Bill (we call him uncle) being the other one. We had a good time sharing old navy memories. Sometime soon we need to get all three of us together. It's funny that they both live near here. I so admire Doyce's conviction to the Church. Although he gets along well with his family they

Doyce and Melissa. We're getting along in years.

think he is going to hell for leaving their church. He recently got released as a bishop.

Thursday we had a lunch birthday party for Sister Welbern and Sister Kearns. Sister Welbern leaves us in three weeks or so and will be greatly missed. She is the one with all the answers. 

After lunch, senior missionaries gathered to head to  the Nissan dealer to receive fifteen new Rogues for the mission. On the way home I was playing with all the buttons and missed the turnoff on the freeway. Mom was following me so we ended up taking the scenic route home but it was only about 10 minutes longer.

From our week:

Mom finished a puzzle of St. George, UT

A small part of the junk from the library.
I started another diamond painting. I had given up on the one for Kylie that had to come from China. The day I talked to Alisa about getting her money back the package arrive. It only took two months! I'll start on that one next.

Mom just about has the branch library in shape. She has put tons of stuff on a table in the foyer and it disappears. Other stuff goes to the dump.

We went to the temple on Saturday for the first time since the change and really enjoyed it. We should have made room for our temple clothes when we came out as it costs $12 each time we go. And here I thought it would be free for missionaries. Silly me.

Mom's handiwork.
One of the young Elders in our branch actually had a heart attack while he was in bed for the night. He spent a day and a night in the hospital. As of today he hasn't had to go home but it is still a possibility. A lot of prayers went up in his behalf. He's a super sweet missionary.

We had Elder and Sister Jensen to dinner this evening and then she helped me with my efforts to find my mother's biological parents. She understands this DNA stuff. We made a little progress and it got me wanting to work on it again. 

Birthday party lunch.


And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God? And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.     

1 Nephi 11:16-17


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75