Week #35

It was a much nicer week with the cooler weather and we got our morning walk in most of the week. For some reason, our car window gets dirty and I have to clean it every couple of days. It is amazing how hot it gets as I can hardly stand to wipe them with a paper towel. I'm sure the tinted windows don't help matters. I've never used a sun shade as I found them more bother than what they are worth but we have started putting one up each day.

Bingham-Waggoner home. Photo off the internet
Mom mentioned that we got our five new computers in this week and they are going to be a pain getting set up and running. The new computer doesn't have as many ports as the old one and I'm trying to figure out how to get the second monitor we each have connected. I also need to figure out how to download all the programs onto the new computer. Last time I did this, I think on our Oakland mission, I connected the two computers together but now we have to download everything from Onedrive. I'm not even sure we have everything we want to download on Onedrive. It will be an interesting week with lots of calls to Salt Lake. It is also rent payment week which will make it even more stressful.

Drumm Farm
Monday evening I went to help a new senior couple set up a printer that the previous senior missionaries had left. I thought it might be a simple task but the computer couldn't "find" the printer so it took me over an hour to figure it out. I don't mind playing around trying to figure things out but I don't like being pressured. But all ended well.

Saturday we went to an antique and craft fair at one of the beautiful mansions here in Independence. It's call the Bingham-Waggoner Mansion. We're not to much for craft fairs but the location was stunning and the weather was descent with even a threat of rain.

Missionary work
A couple of Saturdays ago we visited the Drumm Farm just down the road from us. It is another place with beautiful grounds. We think it is some sort of boys home and each Saturday in the summer they sale produce and such that is grown on the grounds. It also includes a nice, big pond. They also have some live stock on the place and I got a picture of their sheep. That brought back fond memories of Fairview. We ended up buying four cinnamon rolls that one of the boys had made. 😁

Today after Priesthood meeting I noticed that all four young Elders (the ones we had for dinner Saturday) were teaching the gospel to either a new member (one Elder) or to visiting friends (three Elders). It made my heart feel good seeing them all so engaged in the missionary work they are called to do. They really are choice young people.

And after he had baptized the Messiah with water, he should behold and bear record that he had baptized the Lamb of God, who should take away the sins of the world. 1 Nephi 10:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75