Week #36

...simply amazing
Amazing...
 I only have a short while as we are going to cousin Norma and Nick's home for dinner. Mom told you all the news anyway so I will only add a comment or two and some pictures.

The missionaries walking away from the crash with only a scratch or two was really nothing short of a miracle as the pictures show. They ran into the back of a F350 Ford pickup at 60 mph and the two vehicles then bounced off of other vehicles. The Elders came in the office Friday and you couldn't tell anything had happened to them. The Lord was watching after those missionaries.



Mom by our front door
The storm looking out our office
Friday's storm was really something. I stood at the office door and watched most of it. Seventy mph
winds, sheets of rain and 2" hail in some places. I'm glad the hail didn't hit us as I'm not sure my insurance covers that. Our apartment complex will be a while cleaning up the mess. I'm also glad I wasn't driving at the time. Sister Kearns was on her way home and said she pulled off the freeway a couple of times to wait it out.

DeAngela was baptised after the meetings today. She had a daughter with her and looks younger than the daughter. Hard to tell that she is 31 and the daughter 12.

Apartment directly behind ours
DeAngela with daughter

It was good to get the new computers up and running and having Sister Kearns' son-in-law to help. I imagine I could have eventually got it done with several calls to SLC but it was nice to have it done in one afternoon. Elder Hegvik was gone so his computer still needs to be replaced. He is not too thrilled about the idea but I don't think he has a choice.

Enjoy the pictures.



Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.  2 Nephi 2:27

New computers ready to be unpacked.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75