Week #32

There's not much to report this week. Mom told about her trip to and from Utah and her adventures with Delta airline. It is pretty sad when you have delays on both ends of your roundtrip. I picked her up at 12:30 a.m. Monday morning and was somehow able to stay awake until then. I'm getting where I don't care to drive at night. The GPS took me through the middle of Kansas City on the way home and I didn't appreciate that. We were thankful to be safely tucked in bed that night/morning. By Monday night I was ready for a good night's sleep.

Jim Gable (L) and his friend Dick
Today was a nice Father's Day. I've heard from most of kids. Mom got me a couple more diamond paintings so I have enough that I will be kept busy for the next while. I've gotten so that I enjoy doing greeting cards as I can whip one of those out in an evening. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Jim Gable, from our Russia mission, stopped by and spent Tuesday night with us. He had his friend, Dick, with him. They were headed to Tennessee for a John Deere tractor festival of all things. They seem to have had a good time. They also spent Saturday night with us on their way home. We enjoyed visiting with them. I hope they slept well as they were on thin mattresses on the floor in the extra bedroom.

So where do you store mattresses when you have no storage space? In the extra bathroom tub, of course.

Just pull the curtain and it's hidden
They opened up the pool in our apartment complex last week. I don't imagine I'll get much use out of it but if we get some visitors they can enjoy it for me. The weather has been hot enough that I wish I could. Mom and I have been walking pretty much each morning when it is cooler but when I get back to the office and sit in front of the fan for a few minutes. And we're not into summer, yet. I enjoy the frequent rain storms we have every few days.


The branch had another baptism of a young lady this week. I forgot to get a picture. The missionaries had 14 adults and nine children "friends" come to church this week. Investigators are now called "friends". They are doing something right.

That's about all for last week. Zone conferences are this week and then the next week will be the arrival of our new mission president and his wife, President and Sister Sommerfeldt. That will be exciting.

Pretty tempting
"And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground." Luke 22:14


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75