Week #46

Crash
There were a couple of car chases by the cops this week that were close to home. Thursday afternoon I went to get a haircut and return our internet modem to XFinity via UPS. Apparently, about five minutes after I left a car came flying by the office going about 70 mph and not far behind were four or five cop cars giving chase. The car ran the stop sign on our corner and proceeded to bounce off two trucks and continued on. I guess they got him as the sirens stopped and a couple of the cops came back to the wreck he'd made. 

And then that evening as we were returning to our apartment we noticed one of the pretty brick flower
beds at the complex front entrance had been smashed. We found out later that some guy was trying to get away from the police and didn't make the turn into the apartments. I guess he thought he could lose them in there. I would have liked to see the car afterward and I can't imagine the guy wasn't hurt.

Moses' and Sis. Ethington
Mom told about our battery problems this week. It began when I made a couple of short runs in preparation for our senior FHE. The last time I tried to start the car it was dead. For most of the week if I drove for 20 minutes or so and then parked the car (backed in) it would start up later. But Thursday when I went to get a haircut it started up after the haircut but not after I did my business at UPS. Elder Healy bailed me out by coming to give me a jump. We didn't drive it all day Saturday as I borrowed the mission truck to do our shopping. Today after church I tried to start it but it was dead. I jumped it with the truck again and ran it around for 30 minutes. We'll see if it starts in the morning. I have an appointment at Firestone tomorrow afternoon. I've checked into the price of batteries and can't believe how much they cost now.

Healy's
The Moses' and us had a departing dinner for Sister Ethington on Saturday. She has about two weeks left and her replacement will arrive next Saturday. We will really miss her. We ate at a place called Cheddar's and it was tasty. The Moses' depart around the middle of October so we need to take them out for dinner before then.  

We are excited that Aunt Karen and Uncle Bud will visit with us next weekend. They come Friday afternoon and depart Sunday afternoon. It will be a quick visit. Mom is figuring out a schedule for their time here as they haven't ever been to the Church sites. I hope the weather holds up.

Finally got a picture of Elder and Sister Healy. They have been putting in lots of long hours but I'm sure it won't be long until they have it all down pat. He is vehicle coordinator and she is the mission nurse. It seems one or the other is always on the phone.

This place has tons of squirrels and they are fun to watch but can be a nuisance. I park my car under a tree at the office and the squirrels make a mess of things while gathering nuts. The nuts cover the sidewalks and the ground and crunch when walked on. Apparently, the squirrels

Squirrels make a mess
 also bite off small twigs as they are all over the place. I guess they are getting prepared for winter.

The missionaries transitioned to the new MFS cards for the pay period this week. I get the feeling that it isn't going well church wide. With preparation day tomorrow, we'll see how many calls I get. The program I use to check on their balance says most all the missionaries have zero balance when they all should have at least $90. Yikes!👎😟

Brian and Brenda

We had my nephew Brian and his wife Brenda over for dinner this evening and had a really nice visit with them.

How about those Cougs! We'll take all the W's we can get this year as they might be few and far between. 👏😎

For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?  Mosiah 5:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75