Week #49

Enjoying conference. 
We watched conference in the living room so we could sit in our recliners. I also moved the table on which I do my diamond paintings to the living room so I could work on it while watching. I've found I do much better listening to the talks if I keep my hands busy. We were able to view all five sessions. When moving the computer back to the extra bedroom the power cord shorted out with a bang and a puff of smoke. I'm glad we got conference in. The cord had been twisted at the point where it goes through a hole in the top of the table. I ordered a new one from Amazon (thanks Alisa) and it got here Wednesday. We're thankful it blew after conference. It was actually quite nice not to write in the blog last week. 😁

One delivery. We love Walmart and
Amazon!
We are getting lots of new missionaries this next two transfers. The transfer this week includes 29 new missionaries with only nine returning home. The pressure is on to find apartments (and furnishing them) and transportation for the extras. Walmart has been delivering lots of packages to the mission home. And of course, Sister Ethington's last day was Friday so that doesn't make things any easier. Her replacement, Sister Hunsaker, has a big job ahead of her. And things don't get any easier as November's transfer has 19, and counting, missionaries coming in with around 11 leaving. This transfer we have six visa waiters joining us. Our Riverview branch has three of the six missionaries being transferred.

The weather has turned cool. Thursday's high was 80 and Friday it was 60. The nights are getting down into the lower 40's. I turned on the heater Saturday to make sure it was working and left it on.  It makes it invigorating going on our morning walk.

Dinner with Sisters Hunsaker and Ethington.
The price of gas has been crazy. It jumped up to $3.89 per gallon a couple of weeks ago and has steadily gone down to where it was "only" $3.34 yesterday. I guess I shouldn't complain as it is lower here than in most places.

There is always something going on with the finances. This week I tried to stop service on gas to an apartment we are closing and found out that a former finance secretary had started services in his name. The only way they would stop service was for me to give the last four digits of the guys social security number. I told the receptionist that I had no idea who the guy was and had no means to contact him. After hemming and hawing for a few minutes, she decided we could change the name on the account to the church name and then I can call this week and stop service. A way always seems to be made available. 

Mom didn't mention that her birthday is Wednesday. 😜

He hath given unto you that ye might know good from evil, and he hath given unto you that ye might choose life or death; and ye can do good and be restored unto that which is good, or have that which is good restored unto you; or ye can do evil, and have that which is evil restored unto you.  Helaman 14:31






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75