Week #50

It's never ending
Friday had to be one of my least busy days in the office. I got very few emails, no mail, and had the rent mostly paid. I can always fall back on working on the mission history for the year but I will do most anything to procrastinate that job.  

Thursday the departing missionaries brought in their bedding so mom spent that night and the next doing laundry. We didn't end up with any mattress covers so they must have been left on beds.😨 Our washing machine is nothing fancy but keeps cranking out loads.

Birthday flowers
I enjoyed the walking tour we took on Saturday. I wore gloves and a knit hat which I was glad for. The rain held out which was also nice as we forgot umbrellas. We saw some places we haven't seen before. We read that Wilburn Boggs had hired church members to work in his tailor shop and another person, a judge, had Joseph Smith and others over for dinner. These two then turned on the Saints and were part of the crowd that forced the Saints out of Missouri. Quite the turnaround. The walk took about two hours.

I think mom had a nice birthday. It seemed that something was going on all day. We did enjoy the evening out for dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse with the Moses'. They treated us to Andy's Frozen Custard afterward. Thanks to all who made it a nice day for her.

I'll leave you with mostly pictures this week. 

Dinner w/ Nick, Norma, Margene, John

Getting new companions






Independence loves Mr. Truman


\


Original wall of Sidney Gilbert store












And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles.  Mormon 9:15



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75