Week #51

I hope he is saying one for me
I've mentioned before that there are tons of squirrels running around. (I think I sent one to the promised land with the car the other morning). This week there seemed to be less running around than normal with only 3-4 scurrying around the grass where we park at the office. Usually you can spot 6 or 8. It makes me wonder if they are getting ready for their long sleep. I've learned that they don't hibernate as such but merely sleep. And I've learned that what we see are tree squirrels as compared to ground squirrels. What an educating blog I write! There was a squirrel last week that was "praying" by a car when we went in the office and was still there when we came back out later so I took a picture. I hope he was praying and not dying.

As mom told you, the highlight of our week was a visit from President and Sister Bennett. They took us to lunch at Cafe Verona and caught us up on all the latest news from Russia. They don't know everything that is going on but it was nice to hear that the Church is still growing in spite of the war. The Bennett's are always so kind to us and so complimentary. It is such a blessing to have them in our area presidency here in Independence. Pray for the Saints in Russia and the Ukraine. 

Bennett's, Sommerfeldt's and us
Last night we had a wonderful FHE after our senior potluck dinner. Sister Kimberly Jo Smith - interesting that her middle name is Jo - spoke about Emma Smith after the Saints departed Nauvoo and also about her conversion to the Church. She is the great great granddaughter on the Prophet Joseph Smith. She was actually baptized by Merrill Osmond as she loved the Osmond Brothers when she was young and met Merrill when the Osmonds were performing at Branson. She is a very polished presenter with a great powerpoint presentation. She travels all over to give talks so you might want to see if you can get her for something in your area.

On a side note, I think it will be in the hereafter before we know how many people were baptized because of the Osmonds. The first convert I witnessed as a young missionary let us in the door because of them. 

Sister Smith at our senior FHE
If all goes well we plan on visiting Uncle Burt and Aunt Diane's gravesite next weekend. They are buried in the Fort Leavenworth military cemetery in Kansas. I think it is about an hour and a half drive from here and is still
in our mission.  Doyce Stracener, my navy friend, and his wife Melissa are planning on going with us so that will be fun. While there I am hoping to dedicate their graves. Either Melissa's dad or mom is also buried there.
Look how young we were😦

There temperatures are supposed to hit the mid 80's early next week. Crazy!



And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen.  Ether 12:41

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75