Week #52

It was a cold and windy day.

It is getting late and mom told you most of the news. This past week we hit the year mark on this mission so have six months to go.

I got a bitter-sweet phone call from my cousin Kay that my Aunt Nell had past away last Saturday. It was bitter in that she is no longer with us and was the last of my dad's family. It was sweet in that she was 98 years old and was pretty much blind and deaf and ready to go. She and Uncle George were so very good to me when I was living with Grandma Perry after I had graduated from high school. I spent over two years there before I joined the Navy. Kay did the yeoman's job of watching out for her these past many years.

Doyce and his wife Melissa
Mom and I enjoyed our trip to visit and dedicate Uncle Burt and Aunt Diane's gravesite. It certainly was a beautiful place and very peaceful. Doyce and Melissa Stracener went with us and we had a fun time talking to and from. They were thoughtful enough to bring some flowers for the grave. Leavenworth is only about an hour from Independence. Melissa's dad is buried in Ft. Leavenworth cemetery but we weren't able to get on the base. We had lunch at a Mexican food place and then traveled home in the rain. Today, that rain turned to sleet so snow can't be too far behind.
One of thousands

The trees are pretty much bare now. One day there were gorgeous colored leaves and a couple of days later they were pretty much gone. Thursday it was in the 80's and Friday it was in the 50's. Today it is the 30's.

Crazy!
We had an interesting package show up for a missionary at the mission office this week. It was overnighted from Utah. It weighed 20 pounds cost $193 for shipping! To me it is simply amazing that someone would do that. The package arrived on Wednesday and it was delivered to the missionary on Friday at zone conference.

The genealogical center mom wrote about.
Speaking of zone conference, I decided to help Elder Healy with the vehicle inspections instead of
going to zone conference. I figured that was a better use of my time as I usually don't hear a third of what it being said in conference. The rain held off for most of the time it took to inspect the vehicles but did start in about the time we were finishing up.

Know ye that ye must come unto repentance, or ye cannot be saved.  Mormon 7:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75