Week #53

Some good missionaries
We just ushered the missionaries out the door after having them all over for dinner. Mom made taco soup and we had my birthday cake and ice cream for dessert. These were all missionaries from our Riverview branch plus Elder Martinez who is a service missionary. Mom likes to feed them all at one time instead of having them over piecemeal. 

It was a slow week. Monday was busy but after that things slowed down. On Monday, we got a ton of mail as it hadn't been delivered Thursday or Friday of the previous week. The mail man wasn't sure what had happened as he was surprised at the amount of mail we had on Monday. This is not our grandfathers' postal system.

Preparation day activity
We enjoyed a nice stake conference this weekend. It is always a nice break from the routine. The saints here know how to sing. I can sing as loud as I want during the congregational hymns and not have to worry about my off key singing as no one can hear me above the congregation. As usual, I enjoyed the Saturday evening session as much as I did the Sunday session. They had a sister speak who looked about 50 or so and had joined the church this year and is a convert from the RLDS church. She didn't have much time to tell the whole story of her conversion so I would like to hear that some other time.

I enjoyed my birthday this week. Mom gave me a new ipad air which surprised me. Our old one is just barely hanging on and has to be plugged in at all times as the battery is about dead. I use it often and mom has started using it to watch BYUTV in the evenings. Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday. My grandkids really came through.

That's about it for this week. Not much exciting - which is good. The forecast says we are in for a nice Indian summer for at least the next ten days.

But, behold, all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people shall dwell safely in the Holy One of Israel if it so be that they will repent.  1 Nephi 22:28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75