Week #56

New V.W.'s
The beginning of the week was pretty nice weatherwise but things went downhill about Thanksgiving day. I had about decided to get the car washed on Tuesday but glad I didn't. After the snow last night and with the drive to church this morning, the car is a mess. The roads were wet and cars passing kicked up dirty water on the car. I had covered my windshield with an old towel so the front window was clear but the other windows were iced and snowed over. I guess winter weather is here.

Thanksgiving dinner
I made two trips to the Volkswagen dealer on Tuesday to pick up new Teaguns. They are the first Volkswagens for our mission. Elder Healy was having a hard time getting the tiwis installed so called another vehicle coordinator in the SLC mission who told him how. He had pictures and everything. Now, Elder Healy can teach others how to do it.

Sis. Sommerfeldt's family
The food was great at our Thanksgiving dinner. That's what you get when senior sisters are asked to bring a dish. Someone brought ham and I've decided that I like ham better than turkey. Ten pies for 18 people was a bonus. Some of Sister Sommerfeldt's family came for Thanksgiving, mom, sister, brother-in-law, and brother, so they had dinner with them. Sister Sommerfeldt made sure they came to the office so they could meet the office staff.

Mom decided to put up Christmas decorations on Friday as it was a slower day. Of course, the Christmas tree lights were a mess and guess who got to straighten those out? Bah humbug! Two strands would light up on the lower half but not the half by the plug. I changed out lights and fuses but still no go so they went in the trash. We had plenty of strands of colored lights so used them instead. I almost decided to trash them all and buy a tree with lights already on it but I figured I wouldn't be doing this next year so will let whoever fuss with them and decide.

Ho, Ho, Ho??

We had an Elder come out last week who is a recent convert and has a non supportive family. He came out in a pair of tennis shoes and a suit coat that didn't match the pants and basically was unprepared for a mission. I'm not sure how he got past the bishop and stake president and the MTC. It was fun to watch the senior missionaries and members swing into action. Needless the say, the missionary is well clothed now and will be even more so after Christmas. The problem now is that he knows basically nothing about the church so hopefully he will endure as he learns. I've always said that a mission was just as much for the missionaries as for those they teach.

And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.   2 Nephi 33:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75