Week #58

It was just a little spot!
It was an interesting week as we were all kind of on edge worrying about Sister Kearns' medical problem that mom told you about. If Sister Welburn is able to come in and take over her position for a while then it won't be too big a problem. If not, then mom will have to assume most of the work and she hasn't been trained for that. And I would have to take over the phones which I know nothing about. If everything goes as scheduled Sister Kearns wouldn't return to the office until somewhere around the first of March, depending on when she actually has the surgery. We're thinking that should happen before Christmas. 

I went to the dermatologist on Tuesday and had spots frozen off my arms and face. There were over a dozen places on my face and it is a bigger mess than usual. A biopsy was taken on one by my left ear and it was found to be cancerous so I will have to go back and get it taken off. That will happen sometime in January or February. I'm waiting for a call to schedule an appointment. They didn't put me out when my arm was done but mom was when they did her nose so we'll see what happens. The spot they biopsied was tiny but when I walked out they had a big pad covering all. I'm not sure why it had to be so big.

Christmas dinner - lovely couple
The Independence Stake put on a Christmas dinner and program for all the full time missionaries in the stake. It was a nice dinner with ham and/or turkey with all the trimmings. The senior missionaries were asked to bring dessert and they outdid themselves. I took a little bit from a lot of them. 😁

Fuel prices continue to be interesting. We gassed up yesterday for $2.55/gallon which is as low as it has been since we've been here. It has to end sometime, doesn't it?

Mom's project
Both mom and I finished projects this week. She has been working on a Dowdle puzzle for a couple of weeks. It was harder than she figured it would be. She said even when she was down to only a few pieces that it was still hard to finish. Sister Ethington bought me a diamond painting for my birthday that was a picture on mom and me that we took for our Fiji mission paperwork. It was huge, about 16 X 20 inches, and took me a few weeks to do. There were some big places with only one color so it was a "slog" getting through those. I didn't think I would like it much but it didn't turn out too bad.

Dad's project
I had a apartment complex charge me a $75 late fee on a $87 utility bill. I've gotten so I check any late fees very closely. I'm glad I did on this one. The posted date on the bill was Nov. 30 and the due date was Dec. 1. A whole one day to get it paid. I went back and forth with the complex and they are "looking into it." These junk fees are really just that. One of the complexes charges $90 just to park in their gated area. If not, you can park on the street in downtown Kansas City which no one wants to do. How much overhead can there be on a parking spot?

The next few weeks look to be busy. This week I do rent, the next is zone conferences (3) with the seniors doing the dinner, and then the next is Christmas with Shawna and Slava and family visiting. That will be fun. Plus, I've been asked to speak next Sunday. 😧

And ye shall also forgive one another your trespasses; for verily I say unto you, he that forgiveth not his neighbor’s trespasses when he says that he repents, the same hath brought himself under condemnation.   Mosiah 26:31

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75