Week #65

dreary days
 It was a cold to cool, foggy, wet week. It started being below zero type cold and tomorrow it is supposed to hit 56 degrees. But this week was mostly in the 30's and low 40's with fog/rain each day. The fog wasn't so bad that driving was impaired, at least in town areas. I'm never really sad to see January in the rear mirror. If the weather holds as predicted, I really need to get the car washed. I took it in for an oil change Friday and ended up having to have a new tire on the rear. It had some really bad wear on the inside edge. 

Potholes have always been a problem here but this last week of freezing and cooling has made things worse. I read that a dozen or so cars blew out tires in a large pothole on one of the major freeways that we travel quite often. Even some of the city streets are really bad. As I was waiting for my oil change I watched a city crew fixing a long pothole just in front of Firestone.

Just when I think I'm getting my calling down good, the Lord decides I need humbling. In preparation for the audit next month, I was going through the security deposits we have made. I came across two that I totally messed up. Nothing that couldn't be fixed, but still dumb. It reminded me that I can't get in a hurry but need to concentrate on the task at hand.

Tai Chi - Mom's got the moves!
Mom told you about FHE this past week. One of the senior couples does itai chi each day. Not for me. If I'm going to be spending time doing exercise each day, I'm going to do something that at least works up a sweat. The seniors in attendance were good to give it a try. It was potluck but mom was the only one to bring dessert, banana cupcakes, and then only a few. Next time, we'll probably be eating only desserts.

We did initiatory at the temple Saturday and I was kept going in circles the whole time as I was the only patron. It was great. One of our senior couples works on Saturday at the at the temple and he was one of the workers, so that was fun. They go home in early March and will be greatly missed, especially by our branch as they help keep it going.

Our new branch Elders Quorum presidency is trying to get Ministering set up as it has been nonexistent. It will be interesting as those few active Elders will each have a big load to cover. But at least they are trying and the Lord will bless them for it.

Wherefore, the wicked are rejected from the righteous, and also from that tree of life, whose fruit is most precious and most desirable above all other fruits; yea, and it is the greatest of all the gifts of God. And thus I spake unto my brethren. Amen.  1 Nephi 15:36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75