Week #66

before surgery
after surgery

I had Mohs surgery on Tuesday and it went well. I had a small red dot on the left side on my face that bled every once in a while so decided to visit the dermatologist in Dec. She did a biopsy and it came back positive so scheduled me for the Mohs treatment. It was such a small dot and I could barely see it after the biopsy. I'm certainly glad it wasn't any bigger or the surgeon would have taken half my face. As it is, I ended up with about a five inch stitch from the top of my ear to down below my sideburn. I never really met the surgeon. He came in masked, said hi and deadened things up. In about two minutes he was done and left me to the nurses. I have no idea what he looks like.  I was told the wait for results would be four hours so I was prepared for the long haul. To my surprise, in about an hour I has told they had gotten it all and was taken back in for stitching.  Again, the surgeon came in for about five minutes of stitching and then was gone. I was able to drive myself home and took the afternoon off from the office. I had to leave the wound covered for two days and couldn't get my head wet. I was certainly glad I had had a haircut a few days before the procedure as I couldn't wash my hair. When mom and Sister Healy took off the bandage to change it, I was shocked at how long the stitch job was. Mom has changed the bandage each morning and hopefully that will be it when I get the stitches out on Tuesday. I've had to learn to sleep on my right side as I usually sleep on my left side. I've been amazed that I seemed to have stayed on my right side all night.
E. Robinson, girlfriend,
Christian, E. Karras

We had a couple of baptisms in our branch today; Christian and SSenabulya (from Uganda). We have been having baptisms on Saturday so the confirmation can take place the next day, Sunday. Not sure why they had this one today but the branch turnout is certainly much better. The Relief Society room was packed. Sometimes I'm not sure about these Elders. One of them asked Christian's nonmember girlfriend to be a witness and was quickly corrected.  Last week, they were asked by a new member to confirm the Priesthood and ordain him a Priest. They had no idea and had to read it off the website as they were doing the ordinance.Sheesh. 

nice
E. Pack, SSenabulya, 
E. Knudson
Elder Healy put a new office truck into service this week. It is a Toyota Tundra and looks nice. He says we will be getting at least 20 new vehicles in March from the local Nissan dealer so it looks as if we'll be making a few runs for pickup.

It was actually a slow week in the office. I spent a good part of it writing out instructions for my replacement and working on the mission history for 2023. Mom and I were able to walk after lunch a couple of times and also took a good walk on Saturday in the development across the street from our complex. I could live in there.

And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil-   3 Nephi 27:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #60

Week #71

Week #75